The summer of 2010 looks to be a very busy summer for the technology department. With summer hours being cut in half for Deb and Sara we will be looking to get volunteers from the public to help us with some of our non-techy work such as tearing down labs, putting labs together, etc.
Here is a look at some of the projects we are expecting to work on over the summer.
- Install wireless district wide
- Upgrade E-mail server to Exchange 2010
- Install a redundant e-mail server
- Replace 7-8 Media Center Lab Computers
- Replace old desktop computers (5 years or older)
- Install Microsoft Sharepoint Server
- Install new Antivirus Server
- Install new Internet Filter Server
- Install new e-mail archiving server
- Install new Network Managment and Traffic control server
- Move some current SMART Boards from rooms that will be vacated
- Increased NAS backup space from 1.2TB to 2.4TB
- Perform maintenance on all projectors
- Perform maintenance on all staff computers
- Perform maintenance on all lab computers
We have another summer full of new services and projects to complete. This summer will certainly be a challenge with less manpower to get all the projects done. We recommend if you have requests for summer work for the tech department that you create your request via the ticket system sooner rather than later (go to http://support.isd2899.k12.mn.us/support).
If you are interested in helping out over the summer go ahead and e-mail me and let me know when you are available and we can put you to work. Even better, if you have kids that are old enough to be responsible helpers let me know. We need all the help we can get if we are going to be ready for the school year this fall.