Happy Halloween Everyone!!!!
Did everyone dress up today? I dressed up as a slightly less overweight IT Person (Lame. Holy crap, someone should have slapped me for that pitiful joke. At least I didn’t say it out loud to anyone)
I thought I would describe what it is I’m specifically doing to lose weight. Why? Because I’ve got nothing else to write about, and it’s my blog, I’ll do what I want. 🙂
My wife was a member of Weight Watchers back in the day when their points system was much less complicated. She had all the materials and went to the meetings etc. Well, I, being the mooch that I am, took advantage of the supplies she had. I still have the point calculator, though I’ve converted it to an electronic format that I can use (no, I cannot share it, I’m guessing I’d get into trouble if I did, even though they don’t use this points calculator anymore).
So, that being said, I alot myself 20 points per day, which is giving me an average calorie intake of about 960 calories per day. Hold on all you health nuts that want to yell at me for being unhealthy yadda… yadda… yadda… I know 960 calories is a pittance. I’m feeling it every day. Every minute… It sucks, but I’m also not starved. I needed results, and I needed results fast. I lost 5 pounds for my first week (not even a full week). I DO NOT recommend this method to anyone. This is simply what works for me.
I have a pretty understanding of how my body feels and what my body can handle. When I work out, I give myself Activity points back. This too is a calculation based on my current weight, workout duration, and workout intensity. Mind you, I did this exact plan about 9 years ago. I got myself down to 176 at my lowest weight and it was great. Yes, I’ve gained a fair amount of weight, and I didn’t change my habit of overeating. Here’s why some of those gradual plans haven’t worked for me.
- 1-2 pounds lost per week, is not enough to keep me motivated. 30 Pounds in 15-30 weeks. No thanks. 30 Pounds in 6-10 weeks. Yes Please.
- Reducing my calorie intake to make a 1-2 pound per week average makes me feel nothing. I need to feel something. I need to feel the pain, so I understand what is happening.
- I operate in extremes in much of my life. If I’m wrong, I’m extemely wrong. If I’m right (more often than not) I’m extremely right. If I am going to lose weight, I need to do it hard and in your face.
- I don’t do touchy feely group weight loss programs. I’m not a social person. I don’t react well to someone telling me I’m doing a good job. I don’t know why I’m like this. I’m very independent, a bit of a lone wolf.
- I don’t like the exercise classes too much where I work out and I assume they’re the same a lot of places. They’re too passive. Too mild. Again, I need someone barking at me. I want that. I want an aggressive instructor. I don’t want someone who looks like me telling me how to work out. I want Meat Head McGee yelling at me while his freaking biceps are the size of my belly. I can learn from this guy.
This is my Friday. It’s Halloween and I’ve got little ones to take trick-or-treating tonight. I’m not too concerned about the candy they’ll be bringing home. Usually the candy is something I sneak my share from, but, I haven’t had a whole lot of urges or cravings lately so not real concerned. What I am worried about is tomorrow. I’ve got the Mother-in-law’s birthday lunch and then poker night with the guys. Both events pose the ever present smorgasbord of delightful food options. I’m pretty sure I’m prepared for this. We’ll find out on weigh in day Sunday.
Have a great Halloween everyone and stay safe.