It’s Tuesday Toy Review again and this week I’m reviewing the DC Collectibles Arrow series Deathstroke. This figure is based on Deathstroke from the CW series Arrow. I was so excited to see this figure being released. There were a couple Deathstroke figures I was looking at getting, but when I saw this one, I knew I had to get it. Originally it was set to release on Amazon around May 20th, so I’m not sure how it managed to come so much earlier.
- Character: Deathstroke
- Manufacturer: DC Collectibles
- Series: Arrow
- Dimensions: 6.75“
- Weight: 4.8 oz
- Recommended: Ages 14+
- MSRP: $24.95 | Paid: $21.36
- Part Number/SKU: OCT140412
- Buy it on Amazon
Articulation – ★★★★★
Deathstroke has some really great articulation features. The highlight of the figure are the double knee joints that allow him to literally touch his butt with his heels. The only difficulty you’ll find with this figure is what pose to choose.
Total POA’s = 24
- Arms – There are 5 joints per arm.
- Shoulders: Ball Joint as well as a Peg Joint that allows for limited outward motion. The Ball Joint also is a little limiting, though the rest of the arm joints make this limitation not as critical.
- Elbow: Pin/Hinge joint allows for a fair amount of bend in the elbow. There is also a Peg joint just above the elbow which allows the forearm to twist pretty much 360 degrees.
- Wrist: Peg Joint allows for 360 degree twist of the hand as well as a Pin/Hinge joint that allows the fists to curl in and out.
- Legs – There are 5 joints in each leg/hip/ankle area.
- Hips: Ball Joint which has a somewhat unique mold cutout that allows for a wide range of motion in the hips. Even with the somewhat abrupt cut of the hip and inner crotch area, this joint is very smooth and you barely notice the unnatural mold.
- Knees: Double Pin/Hinge joints in the knees allows Deathsroke to literally bend his legs back so far his heels can touch his butt. This is the first figure I’ve acquired that has that amount of flexibility in his knees.
- Ankles: Each ankle has 2 joints. Pin/Hinge Joints that allow for a wide range of forward/backward rotation of the ankle. There is also a Ball Joint that allows for a good amount of angle of the foot to ensure a flat foot is on the ground.
- Body: Ball Joint in the torso allows for full rotation of the upper body as well as some ab crunch capability.
- Head: Ball Joint in the neck. Of all the joints, this joint is the most limiting. It feels there is something catching and keeping Slades head from being able to turn from side to side. It may be such that I can simply force his head to move and whatever is in there will give, but I don’t want to wind up breaking the figure so I may not pursue it.
Mold – ★★★★★
This figure is awesome! When I reviewed the Marvel Select Cable figure I thought that was my favorite figure. Deathstroke has become my new favorite figure. The detail is absolutely amazing. Add to it, the different materials used to give texture to Slade is amazing. Even the weight of this figure just feels like it’s made of high quality materials.
In terms of the likeness to the TV series Deathstroke, they got it spot on. Take a look at a comparison. To me, they look so similar. The biggest difference is the action figure is considerably skinnier. In terms of the mold, this figure is nearly perfect. Even his hands are formed tight enough that his accessories are held in a relatively natural look.
Paint – ★★★★★
Just like the mold, the folks who created this action figure got the paint pretty much perfect. I especially love the blue which has a shinny metallic look that really makes this figure look great on my shelf.
Accessories – ★★★★★
Deathstroke comes with 4 weapon accessories noted below. I really like these accessories and even more so, the sheathes and scabbard that they are carried in by Deathstroke. The softened rubber fits these accessories so well, it’s easy to forget this is just a $22 toy.
- Katana Sword – Scabbard on back
- Long Knive – Sheath Left Calf
- Short Dagger – Sheath Lower Back
- Pistol – Holster Right Hip
I can’t stress enough, just how awesome these accessories are. They fit perfectly in Slade’s hands and they look natural in his hands too.
Packaging – ★★★★☆
The packaging that Deathstroke comes in is very well done. It’s not a blister packaging which is a huge plus right away. A simple white box with very high quality images of the 4 figures in the set on the back. On the one side is a close up image of Deathstroke’s face. A very nice preview window so you can see the entire figure should you choose to display your figure in the box. How could you not open this up though just to feel the quality of the figure.
Overall Rating – ★★★★★
Buy this figure! It is such a great quality figure. There was very little I could complain about with this figure. I think this figure has received the most 5 stars from each category than any of my other reviews. This figure will stand up to a kids active play or will hold it’s own next to any of your other action figures you may have on your shelf, and yes, I even mean the more expensive ones.
Do you have any of these figures? If so, do you have a review to share? Please share in the comments or link to your review.