Today’s review is the Marvel Legends Infinite Series Guardians of the Galaxy Nova. This was the figure in this series that I really got excited about. I love pretty much everything Nova, so I had to have this figure. Based on some reviews from other toy reviewers such as AnthonysCustoms and ShartimusPrime whose reviews are some of the best I’ve found on Youtube I knew I couldn’t go wrong with this guy.
- Star-Lord (Left Arm)
- Iron Man (Right Leg)
- Nova (Right Arm)
- Rocket Raccoon (Head/Chest)
- Gamora (Left Leg)
- Drax (Lower Torso/Hips)
- Character: Nova
- Manufacturer: Hasbro
- Series: Infinite Series
- Dimensions: 6“
- Weight: 5.6 oz
- Recommended: Ages 6+
- MSRP: $19.95 Paid: $16.65
- Part Number/SKU: A7908000
- Buy it on Amazon
Articulation – ★★★★☆
The articulation of this figure is on par with what we got on the Iron Man figure in this series. In fact, much of the design is quite similar, though there are some definite differences, not so much in the articulation of this figure. Overall, the articulation of this figure is pretty good. Let’s take a deeper look.
Total POA’s = 32
- Arms – There are 8 joints per arm.
- Shoulders: Ball Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge Joint that allows for a decent amount of movement back and forth, as well as out. The should plates are also hinged which allows those plates to move as you move the shoulders.
- Bicep: Peg Joint allows for full 360 rotation.
- Elbow: Double Pin/Hinge joint allows for a really good amount of bend in the elbow.
- Wrist: Peg Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge joint in the wrist.
- Legs – There are 6 joints in each leg/hip/ankle area.
- Hips: Ball Joint allows a pretty decent amount of forward motion, but not much for backward motion. The outward motion is decent though.
- Thigh: Peg Joint which is a standard cut joint. This joint, like many other figures with similar legs can be a little awkward looking depending on how the mold of the two leg pieces meets. Not a huge issue though.
- Knees: Double Pin/Hinge joints in the knees allows for a really good amount of flexibility in Nova’s knees.
- Ankles: Each ankle has 2 joints. Pin/Hinge Joints that allow for a wide range of backward rotation of the ankle but forward motion is a little limited. There is also an ankle rocker joint.
- Body – There are 2 joints in the body area
- Hinge Joint allows a decent amount of forward chest/ab crunch, but the backward motion is pretty limited. It’s difficult to even get one click back.
- Peg Joint in the waist allows for full rotation of the upper body.
- Head: There are 2 joints in the head/neck area
- Ping/Hinge joint allows for a decent amount of forward/backward tilt of the head, though it would be nice to have a little more backward motion.
- Ball Joint allows for full 360 turn of the head, but tilt capabilities are pretty limited.
Mold – ★★★★★
I love the mold of this figure. I think the details they put into this figure are phenomenal and I couldn’t have asked for more. The fact they molded the chest blasters and didn’t just paint them is much appreciated.
The only gripe I really have is that the forward action of the foot is pretty limited. Other than that, this figure is pretty close to perfect to me.
Paint – ★★★★
They didn’t use a lot of paint, as most of the figure is simply a molded blue plastic which I really like. The blue is a really nice translucent color which gives a bit of the allusion of stars and space. The paint work they did do is the gold throughout the figure. On my figure they did a really good job. The lines are pretty crisp and the gold color is really nice.
Overall I really like the paint on this figure. Even his face was painted really well.
Accessories – ★★☆☆☆
Nova comes with no accessories. I’m not really sure what he could/should have come with, but something would have been nice. Perhaps an alternate head or at least a removable helmet would have been really cool.
Packaging – ★★★★☆
Standard Marvel Legends Infinite Series packaging which is great.
Overall Rating – ★★★★★
I’m partial to Nova, so I love this figure. But in the end, based on what I’ve seen in past Nova figures, this figure really is awesome. I don’t have those other figures, and I’m glad I didn’t waste my money on those. This figure really is worthy of the 5 stars. Even if you’re not a big Nova fan, you need this figure. It’s that awesome.
Do you have any of these figures? If so, do you have a review to share? Please share in the comments or link to your review.