Today’s review is the Marvel Legends Infinite Series Captain America The Winter Soldier Soldiers of A.I.M. – A.I.M. Soldier. This figure is awesome. I knew it’d be awesome before I ordered, but as I did this review, I found this figure so much better.
Figures in the Series
- Mandroid (Build-A-Figure)
- WW2 Captain America
- Marvel Now! Captain America (Head)
- Agents of Hydra – Hydra Soldier (Left Arm)
- Agents of Hydra – Red Skull (Left Arm)
- Soldiers of A.I.M. – A.I.M. Soldier (Right Arm)
- Soldiers of A.I.M. – Baron Zemo (Right Arm)
- Black Widow (Torso)
- Captain America (Left Leg)
- Winter Soldier (Right Leg)
- Character: Soldiers of A.I.M. – A.I.M. Soldier
- Manufacturer: Hasbro
- Series: Captain America The Winter Soldier
- Dimensions: 6.125“
- Recommended: Ages 4+
- MSRP: $19.95 Paid: $17.18
- Part Number/SKU: 653569949930
- Buy it on Amazon
Articulation – ★★★★★
The articulation on this figure is incredible. Overall, it’s not that it has that awesome of joints compared to other figures, but the joints it has really work well with the sculpt of this figure. This figure is really fun to pose.
Total POA’s = 30
- Arms – There are 7 joints per arm.
- Shoulders: Ball Joint and Pin/Hinge Joint provides tons of motion which gives the ability to make some nice natural poses with the figures gun.
- Bicep: Good 360 rotation with a Peg Joint.
- Elbow: Double Pin/Hinge joint provides a great amount of bend in the arm.
- Wrist: Peg Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge Joint.
- Legs – There are 6 joints in each leg/hip/ankle area.
- Hips: T-Joint Ball Joint allows a decent amount of forward motion, but almost no backwards motion, though this isn’t too detrimental. Not a lot of outward motion, but again, that is not so bad either.
- Thigh: Peg Joint which is a standard cut joint. I like this joint and it is well hidden via the sculpt of the figure.
- Knees: Double Pin/Hinge joints in the knees provides a great bend in the knee. Nearly a full bend in the knee.
- Ankles: Each ankle has 2 joints. Pin/Hinge Joints with great forward and backward motion. There is also a really strong ankle rocker.
- Body – There are 2 joints in the torso.
- Torso: Pin/Hinge Joint provides really good forward ab crunch and even has a really good back arch.
- Waist: Peg Joint, but is hindered by the belt quite a bit, but if you’re careful you can get it to go.
- Head: Ball Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge disc joint. The range of motion is limited a bit due to the collar sculpt, but you can still get his head to move up and down enough to get him into some really nice poses.
Mold – ★★★★★
I love the sculpt of this figure. Everything about it is awesome. There’s detail and texture all over this figure. In the end, however, the head sculpt is the best part of this figure. It captures the A.I.M. solider helmet/hat from the comics so well, and the texture they used is amazing. The eye panels are sculpted which makes the figure feel valuable.
The other sculpt feature I really like are his boots. I like the pointy boots. It reminds me of a doctor I had who wore really expensive pointy Italian dress shoes no matter what he was wearing.
There’s a really nice shoulder strap that has some well sculpted flash bangs or tear gas bombs. Some nice little pockets etc. Everything about this figure is just so nice.
The only negative I can see is the head on my figure comes off really easy, but that’s not even that big of a deal.
Paint – ★★★★☆
There isn’t much paint on the figure. They sculpted most of the figure in either yellow or black plastic it seems so the paint work is limited. They do have some nice accents painted like the buttons on his sleeves. They painted tear gas pins silver as well as the buttons on the pockets on the shoulder harness. There could have been a little paint on the boots for the straps, that’s the only downside I see to the paint.
Accessories – ★★★★☆
The soldier comes with a really cool yellow and black rifle. The sculpt detail is really cool. The gun definately looks like a custom made gun that A.I.M. might have designed. There’s even a really cool A.I.M. logo in blue painted on the butt of the gun.
Packaging – ★★★★☆
Standard Marvel Legends Infinite Series packaging which is great.
Overall Rating – ★★★★★
I love this figure. As you can see, this figure might be one of my favorites. I really like villains, and this is a great villain figure. Yes, the A.I.M. soldiers are anonymous dopes, but that’s fine. There’s pretty much nothing bad about this figure, except how expensive it has become. I’d love to build an army of these guys for my collection, but I don’t have the money to be able to do something like that. This figure is a must have. You have got to get this figure.
Do you have any of these figures? If so, do you have a review to share? Please share in the comments or link to your review.