Today’s review is the Marvel Legends Infinite Series Hulkbuster Marvel Now Iron Man. Let’s take a closer look.
Figures in the Series
- Hulkbuster (Build-A-Figure)
- Marvel Now Iron Man Black & Gold (Right Leg)
- War Machine (Head)
- Blizzard (Upper Torso)
- Dr. Strange (Left Leg)
- Vision (Upper Torso)
- Valkyrie(Right Arm)
- Thundra (Left Arm)
- Character: Marvel Now Iron Man
- Manufacturer: Hasbro
- Series: Hulkbuster
- Dimensions: 6.125″
- Recommended: Ages 4+
- MSRP: $19.95 Paid: $16.99
- Part Number/SKU: 630509310944
- Buy it on Amazon
Articulation – ★★☆☆☆
The articulation on this figure is not very good. This is a repaint of the Mark 43 Iron Man figure which I’ve not had the chance to review, but it makes me not want it at all. Let’s see why it’s just not very good.
Total POA’s = 29
- Arms – There are 7 joints per arm.
- Shoulders: Ball Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge Joint that provides good motion of the shoulder. You can actually move the arms above the shoulders which is quite nice for those flying poses.
- Bicep: Peg Joint provides standard rotation.
- Elbow: Double Pin/Hinge joints allow for somewhat limited bend, but since this is an Iron Man figure I wouldn’t expect that much flexibility.
- Wrist: Peg Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge joint. Due to the sculpt of the blaster plate on the top of the hands, the wrists cannot move up that much which is disappointing.
- Legs – There are 6 joints in each leg/hip/ankle area.
- Hips: Y-Joint allows a decent amount of forward motion and backward motion, but it’s all quite awkward looking in my opinion.
- Thigh: Peg Joint at the ball joint which allows for full 360 rotation.
- Knees: Double Pin/Hinge joints in the knees which have a good amount of bend. Mine are quite loose, however, and the knee cap armor is attached to the top of the shin which makes the figure look odd when bent.
- Ankles: Each ankle has a single Ball Joint. The sculpt limits the motion considerably in this joint which is a huge disappointment.
- Body – There is one joint in the body area. I believe this is a double ball joint in the torso just below the breast line of the figure. It’s very well hidden and quite effective. You get more backward motion than you do ab crunch. I would have preferred a little more ab crunch. The side to side is nice. I waist joint is sorely needed on this figure.
- Head: A single Ball Joint allows for decent forward motion of the head up and down. There is also a disc Pin/Hinge joint that assists in this motion.
Mold – ★★★☆☆
The sculpt of this figure is nice, but there are some sculpt issues that cause major articulation issues which is why only 3 stars for this figure. I like the shoulder plates a lot, though they do fall off pretty easily so beware of that so you don’t lose them.
Paint – ★★★★☆
Overall the paint is solid. It’s a simple application of mostly gold with black plastic, but they did a clean job which is much appreciated. I’m not sure what more they could or should have done for paint on this figure, though his back is completely missing any paint which seems kindof cheap of Hasbro. Oh well.
Accessories – ★★☆☆☆
The Marvel Now Iron Man comes with zero accessories. None. I would have appreciated an alternate head or hands. Considering this is just a repaint of an existing figure, something extra would have been nice. Granted, the box is pretty darn full with the giant leg of the Hulkbuster, but an extra head wouldn’t take up much space. So, I’m pretty disappointed there.
Packaging – ★★★★☆
Standard Marvel Legends Infinite Series packaging which is great.
Overall Rating – ★★★☆☆
Overall I give this figure a 3 of 5 stars. It was a close call to going down to 2 stars, but some of the positives still outweighed the negatives. If you’re a huge Iron Man fan, then yes, you’ll need to pick this up. I am not a huge Iron Man fan, but I do really want the Hulkbuster BAF that is in this wave, so I’ll be picking up all the figures in this wave at some point. I managed to get this one with a few bucks shaved off (thank you Kmart).
Do you have any of these figures? If so, do you have a review to share? Please share in the comments or link to your review.