Today’s review is the Marvel Legends Infinite Series The All Father Odin Series Machine Man. I’ve not been a big fan of Machine Man, but I am building the build-a-figure and I needed the arms that come with him. Let’s take a look and see if I should have a higher opinion of this figure than I do.
Figures in the Series
- Odin (BAF)
- King Thor (BAF)
- Iron Fist (Left Leg)
- Sentry (Left Arm)
- Machine Man (Right Arm)
- Hawkeye (Torso)
- Thor (Right Leg)
- Scarlet Witch (Odin Head)
- Captain Marvel (King Thor Head)
- Character: Machine Man
- Manufacturer: Hasbro
- Series: Odin All Father
- Dimensions: 6.25″
- Recommended: Ages 4+
- MSRP: $19.95 Paid: $12.32
- Part Number/SKU: 630509273928
- Buy it on Amazon
Articulation – ★★★★☆
The articulation is pretty standard on this figure. He’s essentially based off the Bucky Cap figure so there’s not a whole lot to say. Nothing too unique aside from the extra extendable arms. They aren’t really articulated more, but they are bendable, which is cool.
Total POA’s = 32
- Arms – There are 7 joints per arm (8 if you count the additional peg joint when using the extendable arms, but I don’t count that).
- Shoulders: Ball Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge Joint which both are as you would expect for this body mold.
- Bicep: Peg Joint which is nicely molded to follow the natural bicep look.
- Elbow: Double Pin/Hinge Joints in the elbow provide a really good bend beyond 90 degrees.
- Wrist: Peg Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge joint. Both operate very well and were nice and tight.
- Legs – There are 7 joints in each leg/hip/ankle area.
- Hips: T-Jointed Ball Joint provides a good forward kick motion, and decent backwards motion
- Thigh: Peg Joint provides a good range of motion and with the paint job is hidden nicely.
- Knees: Double Pin/Hinge joints in the knees allows for more than 90 degrees of bend.
- Shin: Peg Joint which is essentially not needed on this figure and somewhat loose on mine.
- Ankles: Each ankle has 2 joints. Pin/Hinge Joints that allow good forward and backward motion and the ankle rocker is good.
- Body – There are 2 torso joints
- Torso: Pin/Hinge joint provides a good forward and backward arch.
- Waist: Peg Joint provides the standard swivel which is not hindered by anything.
- Head: Ball Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge joint provides really good up and down motion as well as decent tilt capabilities.
Mold – ★★★☆☆
There just isn’t a lot that’s unique on this figure which is getting a little boring. The head sculpt is nice enough and the extendable arms are cool, but it just lacks that extra something.
I like the belt they put on him, but the straps that were painted on the arms and legs should have also been sculpted pieces. That would have made this figure so much better. There were just too many recycled parts to this figure.
Paint – ★★☆☆☆
Paint was sloppy and just not there when it needed to be. Purple and grey. That’s it. Well, I shouldn’t forget the face and goggles I guess. That wouldn’t be fair to leave that out right?
There’s no shading anywhere I can see. The extendable arms really need some shading. I get putting paint on a bendable piece is probably hard to do, but they just look so cheap. The paint that is there is just poorly done. There’s paint bleeding and missing all over. The belt I mentioned in the Mold section could have looked so much nicer with a little shading. Overall, the paint app is just disappointing.
Accessories – ★★★☆☆
Machine man comes with two sets of hands which is nice. A set of gripping and punching hands. I’m happy with the extra hands and the extendable arms are cool, but we’ve discussed the shortcomings of those arms. I don’t know what else he should have come with, but with all the recycled parts and bad paint, I wish he at least came with something more. An alternate head maybe.
Packaging – ★★★★☆
Standard Marvel Legends Infinite Series packaging which is great.
Overall Rating – ★★★☆☆
This is an entirely forgettable figure, as-is Machine Man in general, at least for me. I don’t recommend getting this figure unless you really love Machine Man. There are so many better figures out there to get.
Do you have any of these figures? If so, do you have a review to share? Please share in the comments or link to your review.