I’m embarrassed to admit, I did not live up to my expectations. For those who have followed my blog for a while, you recall I went through two fitness challenges. The first was a Weight Loss Challenge in which I successfully lost over 46 lbs. The second was a complete failure, which is why I’m here today.
I’m starting a new challenge, though I am no longer calling it a challenge. I’m pretty mad at myself, so this is now a Weight Loss Ultimatum. Yeah, it’s just a word, but I want to get the point across to myself that this is something I have to do. There’s no option. I’m not fitting in my clothes again. I feel horrible most days, and I just don’t have any energy. This cannot continue.
What better time to start than on a Wednesday? Ok, in the end, the best time to start is now, which is why I’m doing this. I decided this morning something needs to change.
What am I going to do?
- Track my calories in, using MyFitnessPal
- Reduce overall calories in using an incentive program*
- Increase my calories burned weekly and track via Endomondo, LogYourRun.com, Fitbit, and MyFitnessPal (depending on the activity)
- Daily update posts which helped keep me motivated. I met a lot of really cool people last time.
- Weekly weigh in on Sundays
This is all pretty simple. It’s sort of the basis of all weight loss. Reduce calories in, increase calories out. I’ve had lots of success losing weight in the past, the difficulty is always in keeping it off. Let’s take a look at the data from when I started my first challenge to today.
Not too good huh? Well, I’m pretty confident I’ll get back to a reasonable weight in the next 180 days. I’m not going to be quite as aggressive this time around starting out. I’m not dropping down to 1,000 calories a day like last time. I’ll start around 1,400 and work my way up. I’m setting small, incremental goals of about 5 lbs. This way I can see success more often.
What am I starting with?
Starting Weight: 211.4 lbs
That’s better than my starting weight way back in 2014, but only by about 10 lbs.
Here’s my official before picture. Not so great. Boo!!! See how unhappy I look. 😉 This is going to change, again! Wish me luck everyone and I hope you’re ready for another long, but fun haul.
* My incentive program consists of small goals (5-10 lbs). Once I hit one of those goals, if I want to I can then increase my daily calorie intake by 100-200 calorie increments.