Today’s review is the Marvel Legends Infinite Series Spider-Man Rhino wave Ghost Rider. This figure is selling for some ridiculous prices right now online so your best bet it to randomly find him in the wild at a retailer where they’ll sell it to you at retail cost. This is considered one of the best figures in this wave and I was pretty excited to finally find this guy.
Figures in the Series
- Rhino (Build-A-Figure)
- Scarlet Spider (Head)
- Marvel’s Chameleon (Left Arm)
- Superior Venom (Right Arm)
- Misty Knight (Torso)
- White Tiger (Torso)
- Ghost Rider (Left Leg)
- Kraven (Right Leg)
- Character:Ghost Rider
- Manufacturer: Hasbro
- Series: Spider-Man Rhino Series
- Dimensions: 7“
- Recommended: Ages 4+
- MSRP: $19.95 Paid: $19.25
- Part Number/SKU: 630509318247
- Buy it on Amazon
Articulation – ★★★★☆
The articulation on this figure is quite similar to the A.I.M. Soldier from the Captain America Wave. Overall, this figure has a really solid articulation palette. Let’s take a closer look.
Total POA’s = 30
- Arms – There are 7 joints per arm.
- Shoulders: Ball Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge Joint. This shoulder is the same mold as the A.I.M. Soldier. There isn’t a large range of motion for the shoulder. The arms will struggle to raise outward. Good rotation though.
- Bicep: Peg Joint which works well. It’s not the most attractive joint, but very functional.
- Elbow: Double Pin/Hinge joints provide pretty good bend. It could be better, but it’s very much acceptable.
- Wrist: Peg Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge joint. Wrist curl and rotation are all very functional and not hindered by sculpt.
- Legs – There are 6 joints in each leg/hip/ankle area.
- Hips: T-Jointed Ball Joints with good forward kick, and backward motion is pretty limited. There is nearly no ability to perform the splits.
- Thigh: Peg Joint with decent rotation.
- Knees: Double Pin/Hinge joints in the knees allows for a awesome bend in the knee. The knees will bend pretty much in half.
- Ankles: Each ankle has 2 joints. Pin/Hinge Joints. Both backward and forward ankle motion is quite good. It’s not superb, but good. The ankle rocker is very functional.
- Body – There are 2 joints in the body area.
- Torso: Pin/Hinge joint provides pretty good forward ab crunch as well as backward back arch.
- Waist: Peg Joint that provides good rotation.
- Head: A single Ball Joint provides really good downward motion but looking up is a little less capable. Side-to-side motion is really good as is the tilt. There is also an interesting jaw articulation that allows you to pose Ghost Rider with his mouth open or closed which is really cool.
Mold – ★★★★★
There’s not a lot of new to this figure, but that’s ok, because this figure is just awesome. This figure mold is pretty much entirely the A.I.M. Soldier and the sculpt detail of these parts is amazing. Such great details in this figure. The best part of this figure is the head sculpt. The skull and flames are wonderfully sculpted as is the neck which is unique I believe.
I have nothing but good to say about this figure.
Paint – ★★★★☆
I was tempted to give this figure 5 stars, but the paint is fairly basic throughout the figure, so even though I really like the paint apps they did, it’s still pretty simple. Most of the figure is cast in black plastic which looks pretty nice. There’s not really any shading which is ok because of the color of the plastic. I really like that the hands are a different type of plastic which is glossy.
Had the paint app been a little more complex then I would have easily given the figure 5 stars. The chest line they applied was really cleanly done and I appreciate it, but it would have been nice if they had painted the buttons on the chest.
The paint app that is actually impressive is that of the head. Again, not much, but what’s there is really well done.
Accessories – ★★★☆☆
I’m not sure this should be considered an accessory, but it can be removed so I’m calling it an accessory. Ghost Rider comes with a nicely painted and sculpted chain that drapes over the shoulder. It’s very nice, but what I’d prefer to have is his chain whip.
Also, his hands are sculpted to hold a gun, there’s no gun and nothing else given to him. I’m not going to complain about the hands, but I would have loved to have a little more of an accessory. Obviously we’d all love to have a scale hog like he rides in the comics, but then we’d have to pay 2, maybe 3 times as much, even though past Ghost Rider figs have come with the bike.
Packaging – ★★★★☆
Standard Marvel Legends Infinite Series packaging which is great.
Overall Rating – ★★★★☆
This is an awesome figure. It looks great, and has awesome articulation. If you can get this figure for retail cost, then jump on it. This is an absolute must have for your collection.
Do you have any of these figures? If so, do you have a review to share? Please share in the comments or link to your review.