Today’s review is the Marvel Legends Infinite Series Thanos wave Batroc figure. I started collecting after this wave had already hit retailers so I’m playing catch-up a bit. I’ve also been quite underwhelmed by the Thanos Build-a-Figure so I’ve held off on buying this wave, and this figure in particular until I managed to stumble upon him in a Target when they were doing a 50% off on Cartwheel deal. Score!
Figures in the Series
- Thanos (Build-a-Figure)
- Iron Man Mark 43 (Left Leg)
- Hulk (Right Arm)
- Captain America (Right Leg)
- Spider-Woman (Head & Left Arm)
- Batroc (Torso)
- Hellcat (Head & Left Arm)
- Character: Batroc
- Manufacturer: Hasbro
- Series: Thanos
- Dimensions: 6.25“
- Recommended: Ages 4+
- MSRP: $19.95 Paid: $10.83
- Part Number/SKU: 630509284306
- Buy it on Amazon
Check out My Video Review
Articulation – ★★★★☆
Since this figure is based mostly on the Bucky Cap mold, the articulation is going to be quite good. Let’s check to make sure they didn’t mess it up.
Total POA’s = 32
- Arms – There are 7 joints per arm.
- Shoulders: Ball Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge Joint that allows the arm to come out and up a little higher than the shoulder. Full 360 rotation.
- Bicep: Peg Joint that is quite standard and works very well.
- Elbow: Double Pin/Hinge joints provide good bend of the elbow, though the larger bicep does prevent it from bending entirely in half.
- Wrist: Peg Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge joint in the wrists provide a very good amount of rotation as well as curl.
- Legs – There are 7 joints in each leg/hip/ankle area.
- Hips: T-Jointed Ball Joint provides a really good forward kick motion. Backward motion is pretty decent. If you force it, you can get the figure to do a pretty good split of the legs, though it’s not a full split by any means.
- Thigh: Peg Joint is a standard cut joint which loses some continuity of the sculpt of the thigh, though this isn’t super noticeable due to the uniform paint.
- Knees: Double Pin/Hinge joints in the knees provides a good bend of the knees.
- Ankles: Each ankle has a Pin/Hinge Joint as well as an Ankle Rocker Joint. Backward motion is pretty good, but forward motion of the ankle is pretty limited. The ankle rocker is good, but it could be positioned a little better as it currently angles a little funny.
- Body – There are 2 joints in the body
- Torso: Pin/Hinge Joint in the torso area provides a really good ab crunch and the back arch is just ok.
- Waist: Peg Joint provides full 360 degree rotation of the waist.
- Head: A single Ball Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge Joint allows for good up and down motion though my hinge is a little loose. Side-to-side motion is fully functional but tilt is almost nothing.
Mold – ★★★★☆
I like this mold, and it’s something we’ve seen a lot, so let’s not waste a lot of time on it. Let’s talk about what’s actually unique to this figure.
The head sculpt is pretty much the only thing unique to the figure and they did a really good job. The mustache and the mask are really well done as they molded those out of separate plastic rather than just painting them on. This does set this figure apart as a unique figure, even though the rest of the figure is just recycled.
Beyond that, there’s really nothing else to talk about. It’s a good body mold, just very basic.
Paint – ★★★☆☆
Paint on this figure is decent, but not superb by any definition. Most of the figure is cast in either purple or gold plastic which works pretty well. I know yellow and gold can be a little difficult to paint with. The areas that are painted are done nicely, though a lot of the black lines have a lot of bleeding which makes the lines not look very crisp. The paint on the face is very well done and I have zero complaints there.
Accessories – ★☆☆☆☆
There are zero accessories. With such a basic figure, that is almost entirely recycled, Hasbro could have given us an alternate head or alternate hands, but they didn’t for whatever reason and that’s why the rating is so low from me. I don’t feel the retail price of $20 is worth it when you get nothing else with the figure when so many other figures do come with more stuff and have more unique sculpt.
Packaging – ★★★★☆
Standard Marvel Legends Infinite Series packaging which is great.
Overall Rating – ★★★☆☆
This figure is decent. Nothing spectacular about it, though Batroc is high enough profile of a villain to warrant getting him for your collection, but do me a favor. Don’t pay full price for him. It’s not worth $20 in my opinion.
Do you have any of these figures? If so, do you have a review to share? Please share in the comments or link to your review.