Today’s review is the Marvel Legends Infinite Series The All Father Odin Series Scarlet Witch. I’ve been holding off on buying this figure for several reasons. I had already completed the BAF as King Thor and I’ve not been a big fan of this figure or character, but I scored a pretty great deal at Target so I had to get this figure. The best part about the figure was really getting the Odin BAF head.
Figures in the Series
- Odin (BAF)
- King Thor (BAF)
- Iron Fist (Left Leg)
- Sentry (Left Arm)
- Machine Man (Right Arm)
- Hawkeye (Torso)
- Thor (Right Leg)
- Scarlet Witch (Odin Head)
- Captain Marvel (King Thor Head)
- Character: Scarlet Witch
- Manufacturer: Hasbro
- Series: Odin All Father
- Dimensions: 6.5″
- Recommended: Ages 4+
- MSRP: $20.59 Paid: $10.29
- Part Number/SKU: 630509273911
- Buy it on Amazon
Check out My Video Review
Articulation – ★★☆☆☆
There are some really bad aspects to the articulation on this figure. It’s not all bad, but some of it just is garbage. Let’s take a closer look.
Total POA’s = 26
- Arms – There are 6 joints per arm.
- Shoulders: Ball Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge Joint which all function really well. If you remove the cape, her arms can actually raise up above the shoulders which is pretty awesome. You also get full rotation of the arms. Add the cape back on and the shoulder motion is really bad.
- Elbow: Single Pin/Hinge Joint as well as a Peg Joint right at the bottom of the Bicep. You get just a little more than a 90 degree bend in the elbow which is really good and the rotation of the arm is functional.
- Wrist: Peg Joint as well as a Pin/Hinge joint. Both operate very well and were nice and tight.
- Legs – There are 6 joints in each leg/hip/ankle area.
- Hips: T-Jointed Ball Joint provides a good forward kick motion, though the farther forward you go, the more the legs start to force their way outward because of the sculpt. Backwards kick is very minimal. She has an ok amount of splits ability, but for a female figure I actually have much higher expectations here.
- Thigh: Peg Joint provides a good range of motion.
- Knees: Double Pin/Hinge joints in the knees allows for just over a 90 degree bend which is much less than I would expect, so I feel this is a big negative here.
- Ankles: Each ankle has 2 joints. Pin/Hinge Joints that provides pretty much no forward motion. Backward motion is ok, but should have been much better. Even the ankle rocker is pretty bad. They’ve got the peg that creates this joint going in at too much of an angle which causes the foot to rock at a weird angle. It’s like they didn’t consider the high heels in this choice.
- Body – A Double Ball Peg in the upper torso provides a pretty decent ab crunch. Back arch is just ok. Side-to-side crunch is also really good. Since there is no waist swivel, this joint also has to provide that rotation which it does well.
- Head: A Ball Joint that could have been pretty good, but because of the very stiff hair and the cape, the range of motion is limited to a tiny bit of side-to-side motion. No up or down and tilt is minuscule at best. Take the cape off and you get a little better range, but not that much.
Mold – ★★★☆☆
There are some strong points on this figure that I really like. Namely the hair sculpt looks really good. I don’t know if the hair is entirely unique, but it looks very good never-the-less. Most of the head sculpt is really well done. The detail work is superb and the choice for the head piece she wears is really good with that softer plastic. I just wish they used a softer plastic for the hair so she could move her head a little bit.
The cape is also a catch 22 piece. While it is sculpted really nicely and the all the detailed folds and whatnot are really appreciated, it causes the arms to lose out on a huge amount of articulation. The positive is that you can take the cape off at least, and it stays on really well, as opposed to other removable capes that don’t always look so good.
The biggest fail on this figure is the feet. They do look nice, but they cause the figure to be nearly impossible to stand on her own. Luckily, you can use the cape to prop the figure up, because you’re almost certainly going to have no luck standing her on her own.
Paint – ★★★☆☆
This figure feels like it’s about half done. The head has great shading throughout (except the head piece). I really like the black washed hair and the nice brownish red used for the hair. There is only one color used in the hair, but that’s ok. They even got some nice shading on the cape which makes the figure really look good. The problem is that’s where the paint apps end. There’s pretty much no shading anywhere else on the figure and she desperately needs it. There is sculpt work that would have really stood out with a simple black wash and that was not done.
Lastly, I had noted in my video review that they did a good job with the eyes, and I have to correct that statement. I took a much closer look and they got her right pupil way off. It just doesn’t look right. Otherwise, the eyes do look pretty good. At a distance, you’re probably not going to notice the missed pupil.
Accessories – ★★★★☆
The Scarlet Witch comes with a set of 2 energy rings that fit onto her wrists. These pink rings are sculpted really nicely and fit nice and tight on the wrists of my figure so they stay in place which is great. The one complaint I have is that they could have done well to have a little bit of shading just to make the sculpt work visible.
Lastly, I really wish we had an alternate head. Perhaps something with the hair blowing in the wind while she uses the energy blasts, which would then lift that hair away from her back and shoulders and give us the articulation back.
Packaging – ★★★★☆
Standard Marvel Legends Infinite Series packaging which is great.
Overall Rating – ★★★☆☆
I’m happy I bought this figure, but even more happy I paid about half price for it. I’ve not bought very many of the female figures in the Marvel Legends line from Hasbro that have really made me happy about the purchase and this one hasn’t done it yet for me either. From the pictures I’ve seen, it’s considerably better than the old Toy Biz one, and yeah, this thing looks nice, it’s just not that great.
Do you have any of these figures? If so, do you have a review to share? Please share in the comments or link to your review.